SBI Cash Withdrawal from Bank: Everything You Need to Know
State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the largest banks in India. With over 22,000 branches across the country, it's easy to find an SBI branch for your banking needs. One of the most common transactions that people do at the bank is cash withdrawal. In this article, we will discuss how to withdraw cash from an SBI bank branch and other important details you need to know.
Types of SBI Accounts
Before we delve into the details of cash withdrawal, let's first understand the types of SBI accounts.
- Savings Account - For individuals who want to save their money with interest.
- Current Account - For businesses or individuals who need frequent transactions.
- Fixed Deposit Account - For those who want to save money for a fixed period with a higher interest rate.
- Recurring Deposit Account - For those who want to save money regularly with a higher interest rate.
How to Withdraw Cash from SBI Bank Branch?
Now, let's move to the details of cash withdrawal from an SBI bank branch. Follow the steps below to withdraw cash:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest SBI bank branch
- Step 2: Fill up the cash withdrawal slip available at the bank counter.
- Step 3: Mention the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Step 4: Submit the slip along with your passbook to the bank teller.
- Step 5: The bank teller will verify your account and provide you with the requested cash.
Make sure to carry a valid ID proof along with your passbook when you visit the bank. Withdrawing cash from your SBI account is a hassle-free process, and you can get your cash instantly at the bank counter.
Charges for SBI Cash Withdrawal from Bank
Like every other bank, SBI charges fees for its services. The charges for cash withdrawal from an SBI bank branch depend on the type of account you have.
- Savings Account - The first five cash withdrawals at SBI bank branches in a month are free. However, if you exceed the limit, you will be charged Rs. 15 per transaction.
- Current Account - The charges for cash withdrawals for current account holders vary depending on the bank's policy. Usually, they charge a nominal fee per transaction.
- Fixed Deposit Account - There are no charges for cash withdrawal from a fixed deposit account.
- Recurring Deposit Account - There are no charges for cash withdrawal from a recurring deposit account.
Make sure to check the latest charges before you withdraw cash from your SBI account.
SBI Cash Withdrawal Limit
SBI has set a limit on the cash withdrawals from its bank branches. The limit depends on the type of account you have.
- Savings Account - The daily cash withdrawal limit for savings account holders is Rs. 20,000.
- Current Account - The cash withdrawal limit for current account holders varies depending on the policy of the bank.
- Fixed Deposit Account - There is no cash withdrawal limit for fixed deposit account holders.
- Recurring Deposit Account - There is no cash withdrawal limit for recurring deposit account holders.
It's important to note that the cash withdrawal limit includes withdrawals from ATM, cheque, and bank branch. Therefore, make sure to plan your cash withdrawals accordingly.
SBI Cash Withdrawal from ATM
SBI has one of the largest ATM networks in India. With over 60,000 ATMs, you can withdraw cash anytime, anywhere. The process to withdraw cash from an SBI ATM is straightforward. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Insert your ATM card into the machine.
- Step 2: Enter your PIN.
- Step 3: Select the 'cash withdrawal' option.
- Step 4: Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Step 5: Collect your cash.
The cash withdrawal limit from an SBI ATM is Rs. 10,000